Instructor-led sessions | 2 Full Days | Live online training
Data Science In Retail 101 (With Excel)
Course Duration and Method
The objective of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge and skillsets to analyse data and derive insights to help drive your business performance
This Excel course is a beginner-friendly course. However, some basic knowledge of Excel will be an advantage for the Excel training session.
Participants should have their own laptops.
Who should attend this data science course
Anyone wishing to learn skillsets in data science using Excel
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- List some common data science terms
- List some common retail terms
- Explain why data is important for decision making
- Describe the analytics life cycle
- Perform data preparation and visualisation with Excel
- Apply the skills learned during the course in a case study
Data Science In Retail 101 Course Outline
- Data Science Basics – this module covers big data, terminology used, common misconceptions and use cases
- Retail Basics – this module covers the nomenclature used, industry challenges and success stories
- Analytics Processes – this module covers data preparation and visualisation with Excel
- Case Study – participants will employ the skills learned in a case study
Our instructors are committed to provide you with personalised guidance and feedback to ensure you get the most out of the course.
Dr Mark Chia
BEng (Hons), BSc, PhD, CEng, MIET, SMIEEE
Mark is a thought leader in data science and is passionate about the data science ecosystem. He is a firm believer in talent development and sits on the advisory boards of various universities. He is also a member of advisory panels in various organisations.
Before launching Mobius, Mark was the Director of Data at Astro. He was responsible for the integration, utilisation and monetisation of data across the Astro Group. He brought together the disciplines of data management, visualisation and advanced analytics to generate value for Astro. Prior to Astro, Mark helmed the graduate and internship programmes at SAS. He has worked in data science and IT for over 15 years with various overseas companies.
Sign up for this data science course to learn and implement analytics in the retail business!
Upskill yourself with this data science course to grow your business.
So, what are you waiting for?
This could be helpful to you
1. Why should I attend this Course?
Corporations and businesses are increasingly adopting the use of analytics in order to secure an advantage in this competitive world. Malaysia is no exception. Whatever position you’re in, whether you’re an employee of a retail organisation or an entrepreneur running your own retail business, it is vital to learn analytics to obtain insights which can be actioned upon to benefit the business. The big data analytics (BDA) market in Malaysia is expected to grow to US$1.9 billion (about RM7.85 billion) in 2025, from US$1.1 billion in 2021, according to Malaysia Digital Economy Corp’s (MDEC) commissioned study by IDC.
2. Are there any pre-requisites for this Course?
This course is a beginner-friendly course. Participants should have their own laptops.
3. Will I receive a Certificate on completion?
Yes, upon passing the Course you will receive a Data Science In Retail 101 (With Excel) Certificate!
4. I am working full-time. Do you have evening sessions?
Unfortunately for the time being, we only have the courses scheduled during weekdays for this Course.
5. How do I enroll for this Course?
It’s simple! Click the ‘Enrol Now’ button and fill in the information and click the ‘Submit’ button. Our Enrolment team will contact you shortly with the Booking Form
6. Who we are
Mobius Group is a data science company based in Malaysia offering industry relevant data science courses and services. One of our missions is to help individuals and organisations understand data and apply the knowledge for industry and organisational effectiveness. Mobius Group provides data science courses for upskilling, reskilling and affordable access to data science solutions for industry and SMEs in Malaysia and around the region.