Instructor-led sessions | 22.5 hours | Live online
DATA ANALYST (FUNDAMENTALS)
Organisations across all industries increasingly rely on data to make critical business decisions. The role of a data analyst is to leverage on data to derive actionable insights to steer such decisions. If you’re looking to learn the fundamental skillsets of a data analyst, then this course is for youEnrol Now
Course Duration and Method
The objective of the training course is to equip participants with the fundamental knowledge and skillsets of a data analyst. In this course you will harness tools such as Python to understand the data analyst processes.
This is a beginner-friendly course. Participants should have their own laptops. More importantly, participants should be willing to learn some mathematical concepts such as statistical analysis as well as some coding in Python.
Who should attend
Anyone wishing to start a career as a data analyst or learn the skillsets of a data analyst.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the data ecosystem
- Describe the key players or roles in the data ecosystem
- Describe the responsibilities and skillsets of a data analyst
- Perform data extraction and processing
- Perform visualization of data
- Perform statistical techniques and analysis
- Apply their knowledge in a case study
- Introduction to the Data Ecosystem – this module covers the key players in the data ecosystem, responsibilities and skillsets of a data analyst and the data analytics lifecycle
- Data Ecosystem Basics – this module covers types of data, file formats, sources of data and programing languages
- Data Analyst Processes – this module covers data extraction and processing, data visualization and statistical techniques and analysis
- Participants will employ the skills learned in a case study
Our instructors are committed to providing you personalised feedback to help you develop your skillsets
Dr Mark Chia
BEng (Hons), BSc, PhD, CEng, MIET, SMIEEE
Mark is a thought leader in data science and is passionate about the data science ecosystem. He is a firm believer in talent development and sits on the advisory boards of various universities. He is also a member of advisory panels in various organisations.
Before launching Mobius, Mark was the Director of Data at Astro. He was responsible for the integration, utilisation and monetisation of data across the Astro Group. He brought together the disciplines of data management, visualisation and advanced analytics to generate value for Astro. Prior to Astro, Mark helmed the graduate and internship programmes at SAS. He has worked in data science and IT for over 15 years with various overseas companies.
RM2,100 per pax
Special MCO Promotion – 30% Discount off our July and Aug 2021 intakes at RM1,470 per pax.
40% Academic Discount for full-time students and lecturers at RM1,260 per pax
Note: Discounts are not cumulative
Course Duration and Schedule
5 x Half-Day sessions
- Afternoon Sessions: 1:30pm – 6:00pm
- Evening Sessions: 6:00pm – 10:30pm
Forthcoming Sessions (Bookings Open) :
August intake – 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 August 2021 (morning session)
September intake – 23, 24, 27, 28, 29 September 2021 (afternoon session)
October intake – 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 October 2021 (afternoon session)
This could be helpful to you
1. Why should I learn the skillsets of a data analyst?
It is estimated that the amount data generated in 2020 is equivalent to 1.7MB per second for every person on earth. The amount of data created is expected to reach approximately 2100 zettabytes by 2035 (1 zettabyte is equivalent to a billion terrabytes!). This is driven by increasing usage of technology such as smart devices, social media, online entertainment, IOT devices. Corporations would need to rely more and more on data professionals like data analysts to gain insights into the data. According to Linkedin, data analyst jobs are one of the fastest growing jobs in South East Asia.
2. Are there any pre-requisites for this Course?
This is a beginner-friendly course. Participants should have their own laptops. More importantly, participants should be willing to learn some mathematical concepts such as statistical analysis as well as some coding in Python. If you’re concerned or have any questions, we would welcome you to reach out to us and our Enrollment Team will contact you to discuss your background and whether the Course would be a good fit for you. You can contact us here
3. Will I receive a Certificate on completion?
Yes, upon passing the Course you will receive a Data Analyst (Fundamentals) Certificate!
4. I am working full-time. Do you have evening sessions?
Yes! Our Course Schedule also takes into account the needs of full-time employees. You can choose to attend the evening sessions.
5. How do I enroll for this Course?
It’s simple! Click the ‘Enrol Now’ button and fill in the information and click the ‘Submit’ button. Our Enrolment team will contact you shortly with the Booking Form