Once again, the IEEE Signal Processing Society Malaysia Chapter has been given the honor to organize the IEEE SPS Summer School. This year, the theme is “From Machine Learning to Deep Learning: A Computer Vision Perspective”, and the 5-day event will take place on 14-18 June 2021.
Targeting senior undergraduate and postgraduate students, along with graduates and professionals who want are embarking on the ever growing field on AI, this Summer School offers a unique blend between the theoretical knowledge and practical hands-on machine learning and deep learning topics. The summer school offers online lectures from world-renowned experts in the field, such as Prof. Dr. Sergios Theodoridis (University of Athens, Greece), Prof. Dr. Guo Jing-Ming (National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan), Assoc. Prof. Dr. Wen Bihan (Nanyang Technology University, Singapore), and seasoned industry practitioners such as Dr. Mark Chia (Mobius Group, Malaysia).
The topics for this School covers:
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Fundamentals of Deep Learning
- Transfer Learning & Reinforcement Learning
- Deep Learning Applications in Video Processing
- Future and the Way Forward for Deep Learning
- Hands-on workshop to implement the machine learning & deep learning concepts
To maximize the learning benefits, the School offers hybrid mode of:
- on-site in-person (face to face) participation (mainly for local participants), as well as
- virtual participation (mainly for international participants).
The former is encouraged in order to gain better interactivity and closer guidance, especially during the hands-on sessions. However, in order to maintain a high-quality learning experience and adhering to strict compliance of the Standard Operating Procedures, the School provides a limited number of seats based on first-come first served basis.
- Registration deadline: 30 April 2021
- Payment Deadline: 15 May 2021
To Register please Click Here.
Further information on the summer school along with the fees structure, please visit the Summer School website. The school also provides daily registration for those who are interested in taking up certain topics on interest. Certificates will be provided for all participants. Also stand a chance to win prizes for the best hands-on implementations.