Instructor-led sessions | 31.5 hours | Live online
DATA ENGINEER COURSE (FUNDAMENTALS)
Course Duration and Method
The objective of this data engineer course is to equip participants with the fundamental knowledge and skillsets of a data engineer. In this course you will harness tools such as Python and SQL to understand the data engineering processes
This data engineer course is a beginner-friendly course, though having some programming experience would be an advantage. Participants should have their own laptops. Participants should be prepared to delve into programming using languages such as Python and SQL.
Who should attend this data engineer course
Anyone wishing to start a career as a data engineer or learn the skillsets of a data engineer.
At the end of this data engineer course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the data ecosystem
- Describe the key players or roles in the data ecosystem
- Describe the responsibilities and skillsets of a data engineer
- Understand the various data engineering processes such as architecture design, data collection, data security and governance
- Extract data from source systems to destination systems by utilising data pipelines
- Create data repositories and understand their use for reporting and analytics
- Apply their knowledge in a case study
Data Engineer Course Outline
- Introduction to the Data Ecosystem – this module covers the key players in the data ecosystem, responsibilities and skillsets of a data engineer and the data analytics lifecycle
- Data Ecosystem Basics – this module covers types of data, file formats, sources of data and programing languages
- Data Engineering Processes – this module covers data architecture design, data security, data collection and transformation tools, data query and basic analytics using SQL, governance and compliance
- Data Repositories – this module covers databases, data modelling, data warehouse, data marts and data lake
- Data Integration Platforms and Data Pipelines – this module covers big data platforms, ETL, ELT and data pipelines
- Participants will employ the skills learned in a case study
Our instructors are committed to providing you personalised feedback to help you develop your skillsets
Dr Mark Chia
BEng (Hons), BSc, PhD, CEng, MIET, SMIEEE
Mark is a thought leader in data science and is passionate about the data science ecosystem. He is a firm believer in talent development and sits on the advisory boards of various universities. He is also a member of advisory panels in various organisations.
Before launching Mobius, Mark was the Director of Data at Astro. He was responsible for the integration, utilisation and monetisation of data across the Astro Group. He brought together the disciplines of data management, visualisation and advanced analytics to generate value for Astro. Prior to Astro, Mark helmed the graduate and internship programmes at SAS. He has worked in data science and IT for over 15 years with various overseas companies.
RM2,800 per pax
Early Bird Discount – 30% Discount at only RM1,960 per pax.
40% Academic Discount for full-time students and lecturers at only RM1,680 per pax
Note: Discounts are not cumulative
Course Duration and Schedule
7 x Half-Day sessions
- Afternoon Sessions: 2:00pm – 6:30pm
- Evening Sessions: 6:00pm – 10:30pm
Forthcoming Sessions (Bookings Open) :
May intake – 5, 6, 9 to 13 May 2022 (afternoon session)
This could be helpful to you
1. Why should I learn the skillsets of a data engineer?
It is estimated that the amount of data generated in 2020 is equivalent to 1.7MB per second for every person on earth. The amount of data created is expected to reach approximately 2100 zettabytes by 2035 (1 zettabyte is equivalent to a billion terrabytes!). This is driven by increasing usage of technology such as smart devices, social media, online entertainment, IOT devices. Corporations would need to rely more and more on data professionals like data engineers to capture and seamlessly integrate the data into the company’s ecosystem. Data engineer jobs are one of the fastest growing jobs in Malaysia and South East Asia. The big data analytics (BDA) market in Malaysia is expected to grow to US$1.9 billion (about RM7.85 billion) in 2025, from US$1.1 billion in 2021, according to Malaysia Digital Economy Corp’s (MDEC) commissioned study by IDC.
2. Are there any pre-requisites for this Course?
This is a beginner-friendly course, though having some programming experience would be an advantage. Participants should have their own laptops. Participants should be prepared to delve into programming language such as Python and SQL. If you’re concerned or have any questions, we would welcome you to reach out to us and our Enrollment Team will contact you to discuss your background and whether the Course would be a good fit for you. You can contact us here
3. Will I receive a Certificate on completion?
Yes, upon passing the Course you will receive a Data Engineer (Fundamentals) Certificate!
4. I am working full-time. Do you have evening sessions?
Yes! Our Course Schedule also takes into account the needs of full-time employees. You can choose to attend the evening sessions.
5. How do I enroll for this Course?
It’s simple! Click the ‘Enrol Now’ button and fill in the information and click the ‘Submit’ button. Our Enrolment team will contact you shortly with the Booking Form
6. Who we are
Mobius Group is a data science company based in Malaysia offering industry relevant data science courses and services. One of our missions is to help individuals and organisations understand data and apply the knowledge for industry and organisational effectiveness. Mobius Group provides data science courses for upskilling, reskilling and affordable access to data science solutions for industry and SMEs in Malaysia and around the region.