Instructor-led sessions | 2 hours | Live online
DATA SCIENCE 101
Organisations across all industries increasingly rely on data to make critical business decisions. This short course covers what data science is, why data science is used, the various data personas and types of data and how data is used for decision-makingEnrol Now
Course Duration and Method
The objective of the training course is to equip participants with the basic literacy of data science including what data science is, why data science is used, the various data personas and types of data, how data is used for decision-making and the common misconceptions of data science
This is a beginner-friendly course with no pre-requisites
Who should attend
Anyone wishing to grasp data science literacy – the what, why and how of data science.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what data science is
- Describe the data science terms used and the various data personas
- Describe the types of data and their differences
- Demonstrate how data is used for decision-making.
- Describe the common misconceptions of data science
- Introduction – this module covers the data tsunami, what is data science, why data science
- Data Science Nomenclature – this module the terminology and various data personas
- Types of Data – this module covers the types of data and their differences
- Data to Decision – this module covers how data is used in decision-making
- Common Misconceptions – this module covers the common misconceptions of data science
- Use Cases – this module covers 3 examples of how data science is used in the industry
Our instructors are committed to providing you personalised feedback to help you develop your skillsets
Dr Mark Chia
BEng (Hons), BSc, PhD, CEng, MIET, MIEEE
Mark is a thought leader in data science and is passionate about the data science ecosystem. He is a firm believer in talent development and sits on the advisory boards of various universities. He is also a member of advisory panels in various organisations.
Before launching Mobius, Mark was the Director of Data at Astro. He was responsible for the integration, utilisation and monetisation of data across the Astro Group. He brought together the disciplines of data management, visualisation and advanced analytics to generate value for Astro. Prior to Astro, Mark helmed the graduate and internship programmes at SAS. He has worked in data science and IT for over 15 years with various overseas companies.
RM600 per pax
Early Bird Discount – 25% Discount for bookings at least 2 weeks before the relevant Course start date.
Academic Discount – 40% Discount for full-time students and lecturers.
Note: Discounts are not cumulative
Course Duration and Schedule
2 x 4 hour session
Forthcoming Sessions (Bookings Open) :
June intake – 30 June, 31 July 2021 (9:00am – 1:00pm)
August intake – 13 August 2021 (6:00pm – 10:00pm), 14 August 2021 (9:00am – 1:00pm)
This could be helpful to you
1. Why should I attend this Course?
It is estimated that the amount data generated in 2020 is equivalent to 1.7MB per second for every person on earth. The amount of data created is expected to reach approximately 2100 zettabytes by 2035 (1 zettabyte is equivalent to a billion terrabytes!). This is driven by increasing usage of technology such as smart devices, social media, online entertainment, IOT devices. More and more Corporations and businesses are adopting the use of data science in order to secure an advantage in this competitive world. Whatever position you’re in, whether you’re an employee of a organization or an entrepreneur running your own business, it is vital to understand what data science is and how it is used to make more effective decisions in this fast-moving world.
2. Are there any pre-requisites for this Course?
This is a beginner-friendly course and there are no pre-requisites.
3. Will I receive a Certificate on completion?
Yes, upon passing the Course you will receive a Data Science 101 Certificate!
4. I am working full-time. Do you have evening sessions?
Yes! Our Course Schedule also takes into account the needs of full-time employees. You can choose to attend the evening sessions.
5. How do I enroll for this Course?
It’s simple! Click the ‘Enrol Now’ button and fill in the information and click the ‘Submit’ button. Our Enrolment team will contact you shortly with the Booking Form